Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Turning A Good Story into A God Story (2)



by Pastor Dan O'Deens

I'm sure you still remember well about Joseph's story. It is one of my favorite stories in Bible and we should learn from this story how God had used Joseph's life for HIS BIG PLAN!!!!

Review the story of Joseph's early life from Genesis 37, then discuss the family dynamics that are taking place here. Put yourself in Joseph's shoes, then his brothers, then his father. Mistakes made! What could have been done to better the family situation?

Remember, Joseph's dreams didn't place him in a pit, or in a slave caravan to Egypt. Then discuss this observation below:
"Although we like to achieve instant success. God often develops leaders in the crucible of prolonged suffering."

Consider other times when God's Mysterious Actions are displayed through the lives of people who choose to follow Him: Esther 4-8, Job 1-3. 42, Jonah 1-4, Philippians 1 and Hebrews 11-12

Review these principles from the life of Joseph (Genesis 39)

God is with me in the middle of my conflict.
John 14:16-17, Pslam 23:4

It is only when we trust God in the middle of our conflict that we will find Him.
John 16:33

Don't forget you should also review the story of Joseph's middle life from Genesis 42-45. Read Joseph's testimony in 45:8 (What do you do in your life, when God has seemed silent, but He has clearly not been absent?

Then discuss this observation below:
"You will never experience all the good that can come from the bad in your life until you are first willing to acknowledge that God was with you in the bad and then refuse to play God when things are good."

Below, there are three questions you should answer:
1. What conflict do I find myself in now?
2. Is there evidence in my life that shows my confidence of God's presence with me?
3. How will I respond in the middle of the conflict knowing that God is with me?

Share/Save/Bookmark








What am I doing right now?


Follow me at Twitter

I'm excited the online writing course will start on Monday. The students are active and so excited too. It makes me very happy.
about 1 minute ago from web



2 comments:

Rebecca 10:29 PM  

What a magnificent reminder! And it's timely, too. Many people are struggling through tough times. Joseph is a good example of God working all things together for the good of those who love Him!

Fida Abbott 3:55 PM  

Rebecca, thank you for your comment.

Have a nice weekend.

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP