Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

SEPTEMBER 11: Our Memory 11 Years Ago

 
 
When I'm writing this post (9.51 AM), at the same time, 11 years ago (night in Indonesia), my fiance and I were at Hard Rock Cafe, Kuta, Bali.  When we were enjoying music and our wines, the huge screen in front of us showed the tragedy of the Twin Towers.  My fiance asked me if that a movie?  Because we could not hear its sound.  The music was very loud and many Japanese girls were dancing on the floor.  Nobody thought it was real happening. After we both waiting and found out it wasn't a movie but hot news, he decided to come back to the hotel to make sure what we were watching was from the news.  We then turned on the television to listen to the news after we arrived.

What we were watching on the huge screen  wasn't a movie, but real.  The Twin Towers got attack by terrorist.  He then cried sadly.  His eyes were full with his tears.  I never saw a man crying like that before in my whole life.  I could not do anything except to comfort by hugging him.  He then called his family to make sure everybody was safe.

Around a half hour later, he checked the time and said to me enthusiastically, "You have saved my life."
I had no idea why he said that, so I asked confusely, "Why I have saved your life?"
He answered, "If I don't come to see you, I should be there at that time and gave the training at the 3rd floor."
"At that building?  In New York?" My eyes opened widely, didn't believe it.
"Yes."  Then he swept his running tears with his both hand palms.  "Thank you," he said as he hugged me tightly.
Then I hugged him back and said softly, "I think you should thank God.  He has saved your life."  We both were quite.  "God has used our first meeting and engagement to save your life." 
"You have saved my life!" he said again, and cried again.
I was so quiet, could not say anything.  Speechless.  But in my heart I thanked God, he was safe with me at that time.  He wasn't in that building.  Then I tried to imagine if he was there at that time and didn't visit me.  Would we both meet?  Would we both engage?  Would we both be married?

Now every year on Sept 11, I always have a special prayer to thank God when I remembered this moment.  He had saved my future husband because He wanted me to marry him.  Thank you, God! (In God's plan is always good.)


We shall never forget
We shall keep this day,
We shall keep the events and the tears
In our minds, our memory and our hearts
and take them with us as we carry on.

Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.” --President George W. Bush September 11, 2001. 

The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic and religious freedom, the rule of law and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom. --Rudolph W. Giuliani. December 31, 2001. (*)

 
If you're interested to subscribe to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction.  
Subscribe!

Share/Save/Bookmark

What am I doing right now?
Follow me at Twitter  
Resting time about 1 minute ago from web

0 comments:

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP