Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A POEM BY GREGORY ABBOTT: Love In A Foreign Land

Yesterday I told my husband about my first plan for our 10th Anniversary for five next months after he came back from work in the afternoon.  I want to do several special things. The first I told him I was going to publish a mini book.  It would be a poem anthology written by me and him.  This idea came up several months ago when I found several files that I have forgotten so long time.  They were 2 poems he wrote when we were still having a long distance relationship.

I asked him to write some more and finally he wrote it right away in the living room.  Then around five minutes, he came to the kitchen to meet me.  With holding a paper, he asked me to sit down on a chair and he started to read his poem:

Celebrating our engagement, Bali, September 2001
 Love In A Foreign Land

In Indonesia my heart was found
Finding love on foreign ground
In her heart I saw the flame
I saw the truth, the love, the gain

It doesn't matter the words she said
It doesn't matter, my fear I dread
Only love came through her words
And in this love, I know it sounds absurd

Don't be fast in judging me
She is my butterfly, my Southern sea
And in my heart, I open up
To find my Asian buttercup

So now I sit with love in the sand
And my butterfly is my love in hand

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 4.10 PM

Celebrating our engagement, Kute beach, Bali, September 2001

He seemed holding his tears and I stood up and gave him a big hug.  We hugged each other in a while and the sweet and lovely words came from his mouth, "I love you with all of my heart, forever and ever." (*)
 
If you're interested to subscribe to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction.  
Subscribe!
Share/Save/Bookmark

What am I doing right now?
Follow me at Twitter  
Having rest before leaving for work.
about 1 minute ago from web

2 comments:

bluedreamer27 12:37 PM  

wow that's pretty romantic... and he is indeed a poetic man huh.. I love the poem..
thanks for sharing Fida and I wish all the best for you and for your Hubby...
cheers

Fida Abbott 1:08 AM  

Hi BD, thank you for the compliment for my husband. I'm so proud of him and yes, he is a poetic man indeed.

You're welcome. I love sharing a good thing.

Have a great weekend.

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP