Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Monday, May 24, 2010

Interview on Whohub

WRITING

What is your favorite genre? Can you provide a link to a site where we can read some of your work or learn something about it?
My favorite genre is nonfiction story. Yes, of course, there is a link where you can read some of my work or learn something about it at http://www.abbottsbooks.com/

What do you think are the basic ingredients of a story?
t do you think are the For me, the basic ingredients of a story are my own experiences and reading books and other resources that can inspire me to write a story.

What voice do you find most to your liking: first person or third person?
First person.

What well known writers do you admire most?
K.P. Yohannan

Do you participate in competitions? Have you received any awards?
Yes, I do. I won my first award from my first competition I participated. It was Pinnacle Book Achievement Award for Spring 2010 from North American Bookdealer Exchange (NABE)

What discipline do you impose on yourself regarding schedules, goals, etc.?
I have discipline in time to meet my writing, schedules and goals but sometimes I have to work hard to make it happen because I have to be wise in arranging my tight time among taking care of my family, working, and doing several activities and volunteers.

What do you surround yourself with in your work area in order to help your concentrate?
To help me concentrate, I used to write and work online early in the morning, or when my family members are not in home-my husband goes to work and my daughter goes to school. Sometimes I work in the middle of the night when they are sleeping.

Do you write on a computer? Do you print frequently? Do you correct on paper? What is your process?
Yes, I write on a computer-my notebook, then I save it there and in my flash disk.

What sites do you frequent on-line to share experiences or information?
I use my personal blog mostly to share experiences or information at http://www.fidaabbott.blogspot.com/.


MARKETING

What are you working on now?
Now I am going to finish my second cookbook. It will be the second book of Amerindo Kitchen in Series then I will start to write my second novel. It will be a true romance story.


Please list web addresses where one can see something about you.
http://www.fidaabbott.com/ http://www.abbottsbooks.com http://www.fidaabbott.blogspot.com/

A marketing strategy begins with an idea. How are yours born?
Blogging is a great idea. From there I can meet many friends and build the friendship in blogosphere, especially with the bloggers who have the same interests. From blogging, it streches to online networking. They works well and I don't need to spend a lot of money.


BLOGGING

What is your blog address? What subjects do you deal with?
My first blog is http://www.fidaabbott.blogspot.com/. It is my personal blog, the place where I can share everything about my life, my thought, experiences, interests, etc.
My second blog is http://www.buanainspiration.blogspot.com/ It is a special blog about my little daughter and family members.
My third blog is http://www.abbottsbooks.com/. It is a special blog where the readers will find all my published books/ebooks and my other creations.

What was it that made you create your blog? On what date did you start it?
One of Indonesian famous christian writers asked me to ceate a blog to share my story and thought. That was the first time I heard about that name "blog". I searched and I was interested to use http://www.blogger.com/ to create my blog. I still remember well, it was on February 10, 2006.

Have you created relationships with other bloggers or readers of your blog?
Yes, I have met many friends and have created relationship with them.

How often do you post? Does regular posting of your blog require a lot of effort on your part?
At least once per week, I always post something in my personal blog at http://www.fidaabbott.blogspot.com/.

Does blogging bring in income for you? Can one make a living from posting?
Sometimes I make money from blogging though it is not much. For me it is always fun to make money online no matter how much money I get.

How do you promote your blog?
I do blogwalking and leave a comment to the interesting posts. From there, I get new friends and if we have the same interest, we used to maintain our relationship via blogging and online networking. I also spread every recent post at Facebook.


PERSONALITY

It is 5 pm on a typical Sunday: what are you doing?
If I wake up in that time and cannot sleep again, I used to go online to read the daily devotional message, check my emails and then I wite.

Your New Year resolutions.
At least one cookbook and one novel I have to write.

What do you imagine yourself doing for your retirement?
I will keep writing, singing, gardening and cooking.MEMOIRS

Who have been the key people along your professional path; people who have believed in you and given you opportunities?
Robert T.S. Nio and Elisabeth Widiyati.

If you write your memoirs someday, what will be the title?
I have had the title already but I think it is better I will announce when it has been released.

Share/Save/Bookmark



What am I doing right now?

Follow me at Twitter

Last week I finished writing Preface and this morning I have finished writing Chapter 1 for my second novel.
about 1 minute ago from web

0 comments:

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP