Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Monday, July 27, 2009

My First Chaiku Poem

What are Haiku and Chaiku Poems?
Honestly I just heard those two kinds of poems several weeks ago at an online writing community where I have joint. They looked interesting to me. I prefered to learn Chaiku than Haiku because Chaiku is much easier than Haiku.

What is Haiku Poem?

According to Wikipedia:

If you're interested to learn more about Haiku Poem, you should visit this link.

Picture above: Reading a Haiku Poem



What is Chaiku Poem?

Chaiku is a neologism derived from the first two letters of Chinese and the last four of HAIKU. It refers to the notion that Chinese poetic meter can play the same role as the meter of haiku in the composition of verse in English. Chaiku consists of four lines, each containing four syllables, that is to say either four words of one syllable, or four syllables regardless of number of words. Chaiku may consist of one or more quatrains. Rhyme is permitted but not required.

After I read those explanations, I could not wait to start writing Chaiku Poem. Below is my first Chaiku Poem that I have edited several times and got final review from an expert member.

His review: You've done a great job of tweaking your chaiku to conform to the required four-syllables-per-line pattern. There is pleasant alliteration, particularly in the first and second quatrains, an added bonus. The rhythm is agreeable throughout.

And below is my first Chaiku, titled "SUMMER FUN" (Final editing), written on July 4th with final edited on July 27th, 2009. Enjoy!!!



Summer Fun


When sun shines hot
head burns like fire
warm body sweats
brownie baked skin

There people hate
many don’t like
stay inside cool
no hot, no sweat

But let us see
other people
under the sun
swim and enjoy

But let us see
other people
grill yummy foods
sweet tasty corns

But let us see
fun giggled kids
in swimming suits
splash in water

***

Now I have collected my own three Chaiku Poems. I want to collect at least ten Chaiku Poems to complete my another poem anthology.


Share/Save/Bookmark



What am I doing right now?


Follow me at Twitter

I'm still writing chapter 13. I hope tomorrow I'll finish it.
about 1 minute ago from web





6 comments:

Syifa 3:57 PM  

Chaiku Poems ... it's new thing for me, probably i should try to make it.
Have a good day Fida!

Fida Abbott 7:50 PM  

Hi Donna,

I miss you.

I'm glad if you're interested to try.

Have a good day, too.

Miss G 12:21 AM  

Fida, this is very interesting, yes, i want to try that too! Thanks for sharing :)

Fida Abbott 4:34 AM  

Hi G,
Cool. I can not wait to read your chaiku poem.

Thanks for your interest.

Dragonblogger 2:15 PM  

Thanks for the info, I learned what a Chaiku was from this post and how it differed from Haiku

Fida Abbott 2:30 PM  

Hi DB,

I hope you don't mind if I call you DB.

I'm glad you have learned Chaiku from this post. I hope someday you will try to write and let me know if you don't mind.

Thanks for leaving a message here.

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP