Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Learning Computer Coding vs Music



My husband and I had an interesting conversation with our daughter who like playing instruments. Her first interest is violin and the second one is piano.
I talked to my husband.
Me: Do you know that the students who can play instruments, they are 'smart'. It doesn't mean that the students who cannot play instruments, they aren't smart. I mean they have special ability and they are  more discipline. 
My husband: Well, people can play instruments by ear or reading the notes.
Me: Oh, I talked about this topic for those who can play instruments by reading the notes.
My husband: I can read the notes. I am smart! (he likes making a joke, but yes, he is a smart person, too)
Me: But you cannot play any instruments. Yes, many people can read the notes but they cannot play the instruments. They also cannot  compose, either. So to those who can play by ear and reading the notes, they are excellent. They have 'plus'. Composing music is not easy and playing instruments by reading the notes is not easy either.
Daughter: Ibu (Mom), learning music is like learning a new language. 
Me: I never think before that learning music is like learning a new language till you've said it just  now. That's interesting and I agree because it requires the action as same as learning a new language. It needs discipline to practice everyday and has the levels from basic to advance. 

Then I switched to other relevant topic.
Me: You said that you are going to learn coding.
Daughter:  I changed my mind.
Me: Why? Coding is important. At least you know the basic codes. There are many free applications to learn it or you can subscribe certain channels to learn.
Daughter: No, I don't want to. It's difficult. It's like I'll learn another a new language again.
Me: (Hmm, She is right)
Daughter: I just want to learn Indonesian, Spanish, and Japanese.
Me: Oh, I forgot that you want to be a polyglot.
My husband: She wants to be a polyglot?
Me: Yes. Polyglot is a person who is able to speak more than two languages.
My husband: No problem, honey. You can choose whatever you want.
Me: Even though coding is important in the digital era, it doesn't mean everybody has to learn it. Everybody has different interest, and you have interest in music and language.
Daughter: Absolutely correct. I have interest in art, too.

Then we changed our topic to art.

I caught there was an interesting part of that conversation which was learning computer coding and reading the music sheet and playing instruments as well. What is your opinion? What is the differences between learning of those both fields and what is the similarity between them? I agree with her opinion that learning computer coding and reading music sheets and playing instruments as well are like learning a new language.

If you have an interest to learn a new language, consider Duolingo.com as the right application to help you. If you have an interest to learn computer coding, consider codehs.com, codeacademy.com, and codeavengers.com. If you have an interest to learn playing an instrument, you should get the books how to play it and take a music class, either at school and/or private. You can be an autodidact, learning it by ear.(*)



If you're interested to subscribe to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction. 

Subscribe!

Share/Save/Bookmark

What am I doing right now?
Follow me on Twitter 

Planning to take free online Spanish course next year from Walmart.
My book project (translation) reach 30%. Next week, it must be at least 40%. About 1 minute ago from web

0 comments:

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP