Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Monday, July 28, 2014

Meeting the Mayor (Walikota) and Chief of Police of West Chester, PA

Well, well . . . this is little bit old news but I haven't posted in couple months since I met the Mayor and Chief of Police, West Chester-PA face to face in March 2014. It was the most interesting interview and experience in my whole life in looking for a new job. Why did I mention it? Because I never thought before if I was going to meet the government leaders face to face. I got a phone call regarding my application. I was very nervous since I knew I was going to meet the first person of West Chester, PA. But my nervous was gone when I met her. She is the most friendly and down to earth leader I ever met in person. No doubt if people in West Chester, PA chose her become their Mayor.

Carolyn Comitta
West Chester, Mayor
Photo: Google
In the interview, she told me if they received more than 50 applications and only took 10 of them for interview and I was one of them. From 10, they will choose only 1 person. She congratulated me for this even though in my mind I had already known I would not going to make it. If there were 10 candidates--and I believed it was only me who was an immigrant, I was not going to make it. I was very sure there would be other candidates who were more qualified and had more experiences than me. So, I just enjoyed that long interview with her. We had nice talk and she is the kind of person, full with attention. I could not imagine how lucky the person who would work with her. She would be the best BOSS she ever had.

From my first meeting with her, I had very good impression about her. She looked very respectful and didn't put her as the higher level than others. 
My nervous appeared again when the lady told me I was going to meet the Chief of Police, Scott L. Bohn, as my second interview after done with her. As same as the first interview, I had good impression about him, as same as the Mayor, but he talked more than her, so I enjoyed little bit story he told me, hehehe...
Meeting the Mayor and Chief of Police of West Chester is my first experience I even never had before when I was in my country, Indonesia. After meeting them, my mind popped up comparing with the Mayor and Chief of Police in Indonesia. Probably they will have adjutant and I will feel the Strata when meeting them. Who knows, but that was I thought as I knew most of Indonesian government leaders acted that way. I hope it will change and better now as they have a new President who can show them that the leader is there to give the service, not to get the service.

If I ever met the Mayor and Chief of Police, probably one day I am going to meet the higher government leader. You may laugh when reading this, but one day you will shout, "Oh My God!" (Hahaha.... I got you!)

OK, guys, this is just a little story of one of my best experiences I share with you. I write this not to impress you, but to remind all of us. Every day we can make little bit progress. A progress to move forward. We are not going to move 1 mile at the time, but only 1 inch. Everyday I always think, what one, two or three little things I am going to do to move me forward although sometimes God gives us different direction than what we expect, but we should remember He knows the best for our life.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!!
Click to watch the inspirational movie: The Best Way Out is Always Through, presented by Simple Truths.



If you're interested to subscribe to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction.
Subscribe!

Share/Save/Bookmark

What am I doing right now?
Follow me at Twitter 
Happy Eid ul-Fitr 2014 about 1 minute ago from web

0 comments:

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP