Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Just finished Watching "Merantau"

It has been so long I didn't watch Indonesian movies. Most of them I didn't like. Besides of the theme of stories, also several other things that I feel just wasting my time to watch them. But since I heard The Raid has gone internationally, I started to think Indonesian movie is going to change soon: the theme, quality and genres. I was going to start to write then finally this movie--Merantau--took my attention to watch.

Why I like this movie?  This movie brings up the hot social problem--human trafficking in Indonesia--and it blends  with beautiful martial art.  If there is in English version, I would like to ask my husband to watch it because he is a martial art person (black belt) and he loves to watch martial art movies especially if they came from Asian.  

Here, I attach the movie and the link to learn more about this movie in Wikipedia. I enjoyed watching it. Two thumbs up for Merantau!!!  

Merantau is an Indonesian martial arts film released on August 6, 2009, directed and written by Gareth Evans, and starring Iko Uwais. It introduces a variant of Silat known as "Silat Harimau" (Tiger Silat) and a Minangkabau tradition known as Merantau.

Who is Gareth Evans?  
He is a Welsh film director based in Indonesia. He is most well known for introducing Indonesian traditional martial art, Silat, into world cinema.[1] Pairing up with Indonesian martial artist Iko Uwais whom he discovered during the making of a documentary, Gareth has directed two action movies based on Silat.[2] Gareth graduated from University of Glamorgan in film making.[3]

Who is Iko Uwais?
He was born in Jakarta, Indonesia on February 12, 1983, Uwais Qorny (nickname: Iko) is of the Betawi (native Jakartan) descent. He has been learning Indonesian traditional martial art, Pencak Silat, since he was 10 years old at his uncle's Silat school, Tiga Berantai, which uses the distinctive Betawi style of Silat. In 2003, Iko won third place at the Jakarta Provincial Tournament. In 2005, he won first place at the National Silat Championship as the best performer in the demonstration category.

Apart from Silat, his main interest was soccer. Once a midfielder in an Indonesian B-League soccer club, Iko has stopped his dream of becoming a soccer star after his club went bankrupt. Meanwhile his Silat skill has given him chances to travel abroad in several Silat exhibitions in the United Kingdom, Russia, Laos, Cambodia and France.

To read its plot, please, visit this link in Wikipedia.


If you're interested to subscribe to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction. Subscribe!
Share/Save/Bookmark

What am I doing right now?
Follow me at Twitter  
Writing again. It was nice to have a short break to watch Merantau.
about 1 minute ago from web

0 comments:

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP