Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Tracker

Since yesterday, at work some friends were talking most about Hurricane that would hit our area on Saturday and Sunday (today and tomorrow). I was curious about this news so I searched at MSN.com and found HURRICANE TRACKER.

According to the news I read: Hurricane Irene battered the North Carolina coast with wind and rain Saturday, wreaking havoc as it began a potentially catastrophic run up the U.S. East Coast. Irene was moving north-northeast along the coast and was expected to remain a hurricane as it hit the mid-Atlantic states on Saturday night and New England on Sunday.

With winds of 85 miles per hour, Irene was a Category 1 hurricane on the five-step Saffir-Simpson intensity scale. Forecasters warned that it remained a large and dangerous storm and that its wind-strength was holding steady at 85 mph.

As of 11 a.m., tropical storm conditions had spread into coastal Va., Md., and Del., demonstrating the unusually large size of the storm.

New York City ordered unprecedented evacuations and transit shutdowns as states from the Carolina to Maine declared emergencies due to Irene, whose nearly 600 mile width guaranteed a stormy weekend for tens of millions of people. (MSN News)

If I checked from HURRICANE TRACKER, it seemed my area would be hit from Saturday evening/night to Sunday morning as the effect of it and it's called the tropical storm. Since in the morning, I have prepared everything. I made sure nothing left at the front porch/house, and cleaned and arranged the garage so my car would have a place to park in, meanwhile the other car is still getting repair since two weeks ago.

While I'm writing this post, the weather outside has been cloudy since I woke up in the morning. I'm waiting for my husband go home from work and I'm not sure I'll come to work this evening or not. If the rain and windy have started before I leave, I think I prefer to call off from work and stay at home.

Below I attached a video, showing the hurricane is hitting North Carolina. (*)

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



If you're interested to subscribe to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction.
Subscribe!
Share/Save/Bookmark

What am I doing right now?
Follow me at Twitter
Thinking I might not come to work this afternoon and just stay at home, doing several things that need to be done soon.

about 1 minute ago from web

4 comments:

bluedreamer27 5:45 PM  

Oh God, I hope you guys are safe there.. please be careful and I'm sure God will always be there to keep your family away from any harm.

Blue Jasmine 8:07 AM  

Hope everything's all right there, Mbak!

Fida Abbott 10:28 AM  

BD, thank you.

Hurricane has hit my area since last night and till right now we still have but it's not too strong like last night. We keep stay at home and we also still have power. But last night we had lost it.

Fida Abbott 10:29 AM  

Blue J, yes, we are fine now and keep stay at home. We hope we won't lose the power.

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP