Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Humility

Wednesday evening and Sunday morning are the best time I spend with my little daughter since I've started working at my new job. I accompany her for Girl Scouts meeting every Wednesday evening and bring her for Sunday School every Sunday morning while I go for Sunday morning service at church if we both don't have other special events (including special family events).

Every first week of every month, the church has program special for children and their parents, called Up Street Family. I love this program. Most of I saw the messages they brought for children were so great, and the parents also could learn from them.

Last Sunday they had theme about "Humility". The special verse they gave was from Matthew 20:20-28 with the main thought: YOU MUST BE A SERVANT. It has deep meaning: It is important to treat others like they're more important than you. Putting others first by giving up what you think you deserve.

Have we done it already in our life? It is not easy to show and apply it in our real life but if we want to and understand of who we are as the special creation of God's hands, that will lead us as a humble person. From this theme, we can learn from what Jesus had done for our sins. He put us first because we are so important to Him. Have we thanked Him for His sacrifice or we just never care for what He had done for us? He doesn't want anything from us. He just wants us to be like Him, putting others first by giving up what we think we deserve. If every of us does it, we will see many loves around the world. We can do it right now, by giving more attentions for our family members. Bring them in every time we pray. Show them how much we care and act as we should be.

This video below will give us a reflection of His sacrifice. Can we do the same thing like Him? I don't hink so, even me, I'm not sure I can do it, either. See, nobody will do it for us, except Him. So, what we're waiting for? Start to act the simple things by saying "Hello" to our isolated neighbor, pray for our husband/wife/mother/father/children/etc who often hurt us or don't care about us, etc.


If you're interested to subscribe to this blog, please click the green sign below and follow its instruction.
Subscribe!

Share/Save/Bookmark


What am I doing right now?
Follow me at Twitter
Still reading "Jesua" and preparing endorsement for an Indonesian short story anthology written by 8 Indonesian female writers.

about 1 minute ago from web

2 comments:

bluedreamer27 4:48 PM  

i love this song... I used to be a Hillsong fan oh and also Don Moen..
thanks for sharing this very inspiring thoughts Fida...

sorry for not being around lately

Fida Abbott 12:15 AM  

Hi BD,

You're welcome.
Btw, I like Don Moen, too.

Happy Blogging and thanks for visiting and commenting here. I appreciate it.

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP