Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Coming Out of the Cage of Responsibility (Part I)


On last Sunday service, Pastor Jon Damon gave an interesting theme in his preach. It was about "Coming Out of the Cage of Responsibility". We could learn the lessons from Nehemiah. He also gave an illustrastion about his theme as "Wild Goose Chase". The Celtic term for the Holy Spirit was an Geadh-Glas, which translates "the Wild Goose". Just as a wild goose cannot be tamed and its movements cannot be predicted, so it is with the Holy Spirit. Pursuing His calling is much like engaging in an adventurous Wild Goose chase.


Verses (GI version):

1. John 10:10 >> The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy; I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

2. Matthew 8:21-22 >> (21) And another of His disciples said unto Him, "Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my farher.(22) But Jesus said unto him, "Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead."

+

Luke 9:60-62 >> (60) Jesus said unto him, "Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. (61) And another also said, "Lord, I will follow Thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. (62) And Jesus said unto him, "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

3. Selected text from Nehemiah

As the reflections, he had couple questions.

My Personal Chase:

1. Which describes me better: irresponsibly responsible or responsibly irresponsible? Why is that?
I am very responsible person, as a wife, as a mom, as an associate and every activity I am doing. If I think and feel I can not do it, it is better I say "No" than I say "Yes' but will give unexpected result. I never hand my responsibility over to other person that I've committed except it is caused by other unexpected reasons, like sick, having accidents, etc. So, do you know which one of those statements that describes me?

2. What makes me sad or mad or glad? In other words, what passions has God given to me?
Feeling disappointed can bring sadness or madness and they are common for me as human being. Feeling glad when something that I expect happens or when something good that I don't expect happens. Passion? I think He gives me a great passion to be a light candle to everybody, either they know me well or not in many ways and through His ways.

3. What have I been praying about lately that God wants me to quit praying about? And what does God want me to do instead?
Well, honestly my daily prayer is boring. I always thank to Him for healthy and blessing. Let every single of my family becomes a blessing to the others. I want Him to give me and my family a strength if there are a life storm blows. Being wise, patient, generous, down to earth, smart, strong, caring and friendly are the must. I never ask Him that I want to be like this or that, want that or this. I just follow what my heart feels and says and I'm always sure He speaks through it. Of course I have desires in pursuing several things but I really never bring them into my prayers. I have faith, if He let it happens, I am sure there will be many open doors for me and if He dosen't let it happens, I am sure He will give a sign through His ways. So, what I want to do instead?? I really don't know. I just want one thing as my special wish: if He permits it, soon I and my family will be able to visit my family and friends in Indonesia.

4. God asked the priest carrying the ark to step into the river before He dammed it up. How do I need to get my feet wet in pursuing my God-given passions?
Asking His instructions.

5. What little things do I need to be doing now that will prepare me for the big things God wants me to do down the road?
Keeping to serve my family (first) in God ways, and eachother, and to the others. Amen.

How about you?? ...




What am I doing right now?

Follow me at Twitter

I can not sleep, that is why I write this post. I feel several excitements will come. I just feel excited. I hope it isn't because of this feeling that makes me can not sleep. I think I drank a strong coffee last evening at work when I had break time that makes me can not sleep right now.
about 1 minute ago from web



2 comments:

Anonymous 11:43 AM  

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!

Fida Abbott 11:00 PM  

Hello Sri,

It is nice to have a new visitor at my Blog. Thank you for having time to read my recent post and left a comment there. I really appreciate it.

Your Blog is nice too. I’ll add at my list.

Best Regards,
FA in PA

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP