Give the gift of inspiration

Designed to fire up your interest, Enthusiasm is a fascinating and hopeful novel based on the author’s own true story. In this exceptional masterpiece, Abbott narrates the journey of her life and shares how enthusiasm plays a vital role in pursuing her dream in the writing world—with English as her second language—in her new country.

Here, she exemplifies her experiences, her family and relationships, her inspirations, and her passage towards her remarkable goals. This novel is a reflection of her own life, how she faces obstacles, how she handles life, how she inspires others, how she touches other people’s lives through her works, and how she achieved the amazing successes of her life and endeavors—a perfect blend of life’s spices.

Through Enthusiasm: A Novel Based on the Author's Own True Story, you will be affected by the author’s wonderful story. Filled with hope and inspiration, strength and enthusiasm, this book will draw out the best within your heart and mind.

Available in paperback, hardcover and e-book. Get free S+H, visit these websites:

For book stores, retailers and wholesalers, please visit:

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WHY DO I WRITE ???


Orang boleh pandai setinggi langit, tapi selama ia tidak menulis, ia akan hilang di dalam masyarakat dan dari sejarah. Menulis adalah bekerja untuk keabadian (Pramoedya Ananta Toer)

You may be smart as high as the sky, but as long as you don't write, you will disappear in the world and history. Writing is 'working' for the eternity.

Many people say that writing is difficult. When I was child, I had been trained by my father to write. I told him what the topics I should write. He said if I could write anything, like telling about the activities after waking up in the morning, my activities after school, my activities in the holiday, etc. In the beginning I found the difficulties but after trying by using the simple child words, finally I could do it although it was just couple lines in my writing.

Together with my age growing, I liked reading and really wanted to express my ideas, my feelings, my opinions or my imaginations. It was only having those wishes, reading many sources those could improve my writing and also practicing continuously, finally I might see there were some good things in my writing ability. The luckiness was I had 3 close friends in Senior High School who liked writing too, so we wrote together from poetries or other kinds of writings. Sometimes we sent them to the Wall Magazine at our school or to local daily newspaper, like Memorandum newspaper in Surabaya. The person who had the writing was published and got payment had a duty to entertain the others but if the newspaper company gave the things from the promotions of their network companies, she will share those things to the others. We really enjoyed it.

But finally my writing activity was stop in many years cause my activities in the University, Vocal Groups, the courses, working, etc. It didn’t mean that I had no desire to write again at that time, but only the limited time I had.

Right now I have had my own family, although I have a job and take care of my family, I still have little time to write again sometimes when I have a chance. It is because of getting supports by the high technology, the computer and internet. These made me being motivated either has been many years without writing so bumb…!!... explode my desire in writing (luckily it doesn’t explode like a real Bomb, ha,ha..!!). That is why I continuously look for the good sources to improve my ability in writing especially from the online sources and if it is needed, I should be a member of those sites even in Indonesia or in English language. The advantage of joining with the English site is I can improve my English especially for the uncommon vocabularies.

Finally the world of writing becomes one of my interests, it is not because of hobby or money, but personally I feel comfortable and free. Beside that, I also get many new friends from many different backgrounds of education, profession, interest, etc.

**********

My writing above is as the translation of my 12th article in English from Indonesian that is being published now at Kabar Indonesia with its title MENGAPA SAYA MENULIS ???

0 comments:

Labels

Launching 9/28/2009

free counters

About This Blog

It is my Personal Blog. Everything about my hobby, my interests, my thoughts, my writings, etc., I write them here. Enjoy!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP